Why work with Patricia White's?
1. Competitive pay rates
Earn up to £23.90 per hour (more if working weekends or Bank Holidays) with travel expenses and accommodation covered during your visits.
2. Flexible working
As a self-employed carer, you choose when you work and how many visits you make to suit your schedule.
3. Dedicated support from the team
Our Client Relationship Executives will support you every step of the way and coordinate your visits.
All of our visiting care assignments are in Central London. Visiting care offers support with care or errands to clients as and when they need it. You will be expected to have good availability with minimum assignment lengths at 2-hours. We can be flexible, however, we would ask that your availability is consistent as possible so we can source you a steady stream of clients.
Waking night duty
The carer is on call at all times during the night and is awake, alert and making certain the client is sleeping, resting or at least safe, sound and secure.
The carer is on hand in the client’s home, for them to call as they need. A bed is requested for the carer, but you have peace of mind that there is someone on hand if required.
Our recommended hourly rates range between £16.70 – £23.90, more if working weekends or Bank Holidays.
You can also claim travel expenses.
Travel allowance – this should always be agreed in advance of the assignment. You can charge for travel on arrival and departure. There will be a set fee of £5 per visit to cover for travel expenses.
The carer is responsible for invoicing clients directly each week for any expenses.
If you meet the following criteria, we would love to hear from you:
- Do you have the right to work in the UK?
- Do you have at least 6 months’ experience and possess up to date training certificates or be willing to pay for training?
- Are you well-spoken, and fluent in written and spoken English?
- Are you willing to work 2-12 weeks at a time?
- Are you organised, with effective communication and reporting skills?
- Are you honest, kind, respectful, gentle in nature and above all, always prepared to go the extra mile for clients?
- Are you happy to provide care for clients, including those with dementia?
- Have you got sufficient stamina and are you happy working in isolation?
- Are you physically fit and able to cope with demanding daily routines and household tasks?
- Do you possess good cooking skills and have experience running and maintaining a home?
- Can you carry out other household duties such as opening cans and unscrewing bottle tops?
- Do you like animals and are you happy to in a house with pets? This is desirable but not compulsory.
- Do you hold a valid a driving license? This is desirable but not compulsory.
Only those with a British/EU Passport or a British Ancestry Visa may apply to become a carer. Patricia White’s cannot sponsor applicants or assist those needing to obtain a work visa.
Yes – you must have a minimum of 6 months’ experience in a care environment and evidence of professional development including any training certificates.
Most of our assignments will involve working with clients with dementia or early onset dementia, so you will need to be comfortable supporting them.
No – we are unable to sponsor applicants or assist those needed to obtain a work visa. Only those with a British/EU Passport or a British Ancestry Visa may apply to become a carer with Patricia White’s.
Yes, providing that you have the following:
- Proof of your right to work in the UK
- A transferable DBS
- A current CV
- Any relevant training certificates
- Contact details of two professional references
Once interviewed and offered to become compliant you need to provide:
- Proof of your right to work in the UK
- A transferable DBS certificate
- Training certificates
- Proof of address, i.e. a utility bill
Apply to work with Patricia White’s today
With an ever expanding client base, we are always interested in hearing from well-spoken, experienced, self-employed carers, who can deliver exceptional levels of care as well as operate with the utmost discretion. Join our growing team and existing base of over 200 carers today.